Our commitment to healthy communities challenges us to apply all of our knowledge and skills every day, as we team with others, for a future where everyone can live, learn, work and play in buildings that are healthy, efficient and prosperous.
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Engineering, North Carolina State University
Founder and President, David MacLean, is responsible for the direct management of our firm.
Over the last three decades, Mr. MacLean has worked as the trusted partner of Owners, Designers, Contractors, Equipment Vendors and Local Officials. His twelve years of service, as an active-duty Commissioned Military Officer, taught him that the best plans are executed by teams focused on the objective, with a clear understanding of the path and process for moving forward. Proven policies and procedures are only as effective as the commitment to raise everyone on the team to the highest level through mentoring, education and practice.
Mr. MacLean is professionally current on the latest ASHRAE Commissioning Credentials, LEED and WELL Building Standard Accredited Professional designations and Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA) certification through the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB).
Mr. MacLean has completed Economic Analysis, Design, Sustainability and Commissioning Consulting Services on many iconic LEED projects in Texas, including the LEED Platinum George W. Bush Presidential Library, Dallas TX, LEED Platinum Mickey Leland Federal Building, Houston TX, LEED Gold BHP Billiton Tower, Houston TX, and the LEED Gold DOW Innovation Center and Laboratories in Lake Jackson TX, to name a few.
Mr. MacLean strongly believes that we all need to be engaged with our community and actively participate in forming its best future. To this end, Mr. MacLean has been intimately engaged in advocacy, education and promotion of the US Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating systems, holding numerous leadership roles at the USGBC Texas Chapter Board level and the USGBC Texas Gulf Coast Region over the past fifteen (15) years.
Mr. MacLean donates over thirty (30%) of his billable time to helping public and non-profit organizations knock down the barriers they face when attempting to adopt proven sustainable best practices that maximize health, efficiency and productivity.
Mr. MacLean is currently:
- Chair of the USGBC Texas Sustainable Communities – Best Practice Leaders Committee,
- Chair of the ASHRAE Houston Chapter Commissioning Committee,
- Chair of the Standards & Policy Committee – Cities Connecting Children to Nature – Houston, and
- Member of the City of Houston – Climate Action Plan – Building Optimization Committee.
Who we Support
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) – Professional Affiliate of AIA Houston
- USGBC Texas – “GOLD” State Partner / Energy Summit / EBOM
- ASHRAE – Chair Commissioning Committee
- The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) – Member
- Galveston Island Nature Tourism Council – Corporate Sponsor
- Citizens Environmental Coalition (CEC) – Corporate Sponsor
- Galveston State Park – Corporate Sponsor
- Houston Livestock & Rodeo – Breeder Greeter Volunteer