Air Champions – Citizen Scientists Commitment Agreement
As a prerequisite to be an Air Champion – Citizen Scientist, I agree to the following:
- I will always treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those that do not understand Science.
- I understand that I am a Citizen Scientist collecting powerful data, and that data is just noise until it meets context and is visualized in a meaningful way that our brains can consume.
- I acknowledge that everyone will internalize how Air Quality impacts our Health, our Community and our Futures at different speeds along this journey.
- I will be open to other Citizen’s interpretation of what the data might be saying. We are still figuring this all out.
- I acknowledge that everyone may not care as much about Air Quality and its impact as I do. That is OK. Air Champions can care enough for everyone.
- I will always treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those that do not believe in Science.
I will download free “Air Quality by Plume Labs” app
- Set up the city you want daily data on,
- Select your pollution sensitivity,
- Select your main activity,
- Select all notifications (Smart, Morning Report & Evening Report), and
- Each morning review the 48 hour Air Quality Forecast for your Home and City.
I will follow the Open group “Air Champions” Social Media
- Start collecting data and sharing your adventures.
- Take your Flow on an adventure.
- Take some photos along the way to add context to your pollution measurements.
- Take a few screenshots of you Flow app at interesting moments
- Post your photos to the Air Champions group with any questions or comments you might have.
- Tag @AirChampions and use the #AirChampions tag.
I will review, over the next six (6) months, the Air Champion Fundamental IAQ Knowledge material outlined below
- Read (30 minutes) Fitwel Certification Resource – Building Healthy Places Toolkit – Chapters 1 & 4 (HERE),
- Watch (58 minutes) RESET Air Certification Accredited Professional Training Modules, 1,2,3,4,7 & 8 (https://aptraining.reset.build/),
- Download “EPA Schools IAQ Tools for Schools App” and watch (30) “Walkthrough: Four Schools Making a Difference”,
Note: Air Champion Scholarship Recipients must study this information and successfully complete the 30 question Assessment (see below) before they receive their free Flow 1 Personal Pollution Monitor (PPM).
I will complete the Air Champions Fundamental IAQ Knowledge Assessment (Optional for Non-Scholarship recipients)
- Notify McMac Cx that you are ready to complete your online open book assessment (30 questions).
- Successfully complete assessment (no time limit, no limit on attempts, must score greater than 80%),
Note: All Air Champions who successfully complete the Fundamental IAQ Knowledge Assessment will be designated Air Champion “Ambassadors” and will receive a Certificate as such. Air Champion Ambassadors are eligible to participate in funded advocacy programs focused on helping other Air Champions engage with Community Leaders.